If you have one or more missing teeth, Dr. Garner, Dr. Winn, and Dr. Blackman can fill their empty spaces by giving you a fixed dental bridge. This secure restoration has two dental crowns that are placed on the teeth neighboring a gap, holding a tooth replacement in between.
If you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth in a row, Gautier Dental may recommend a dental bridge to restore your smile. A bridge is a fixed dental restoration, meaning it is non-removable. The dental bridge is anchored in place through the use of two dental crowns, which are custom made to fit your smile and are placed on the teeth or dental implants next to the space left by the missing tooth. These crowns hold the artificial tooth in place to restore your smile, ensuring that your restoration will not easily shift or come loose. It typically requires only two visits to our practice to complete the dental bridge. Dental bridges are designed to last for many years and to restore the function, beauty, and health of your smile.
Our dentists may recommend a dental bridge to improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat, and chew as normal
- Alleviating excess stress on the bite
- Improving the shape and volume of your face
- Replacing an unwanted removable partial denture
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from moving out of position
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile